- Creating a Group
- Group-owned Goals
- Making progress on a Group-owned Goal
- Managing Groups in your organization
- Archiving and Restoring Groups
Important: User-generated groups must be activated by the BetterWorks Customer Success team. Contact them to learn more.
Not all the work you do can be neatly lumped into your functional department. For example, you might be a member of the Engineering department who frequently works with counterparts from Support, Product, and Marketing.
Bring clarity and accountability to cross-functional work by using groups to manage goals. Anyone who has a BetterWorks account can create and manage a group.
It’s all powered through the Groups page.
To take advantage of user-generated groups, get in touch with the Customer Success team! They'll get you set up and ready to get your goals in gear.
Once you've activated groups for your organization, you can start creating them. Creating a group is simple.
- Click your profile picture and choose Groups.
- Click Create Group. The group creation modal opens.
- In the “Name” field, type a name for your group.
- In the “Group Members” field, click and type the names of people you want to add to your group. You’re a member of this group by default.
- When you’re done, click Save. The new group appears in the Groups page.
Once your organization has groups set up, you can create a goal and assign it to any group.
- Click Create Goal. The goal creation page opens.
- At any point during goal creation, click Owner.
- Type to search for a group and click the group to select it.
Once your group owns a goal, divide the work however you like. Assign the milestones to group members or other contributors, check in, and work with the goal just like any other.
You can view the overall progress of any team’s goals from the Groups page. Click any group to see details about it, like member information and number of goals.
Click the number of goals above the group’s progress bar to see a filtered list of their goals.
Once you’ve made progress on a goal, like completing a milestone, the group card updates to show the group’s overall progress.
If other members of your organization need to join a group later, it’s easy to add them from the Groups page.
Every group has its own card on the Groups page. Use Edit to add or remove members.
If a group has completed its goals or otherwise outlived its usefulness, any group member can archive it by going to the Groups page.
From the Groups page, click into the group you wish to archive. The archive option appears at the top of the card. Click Archive to archive the group.
Note: Only members of a group can archive it. If you are not a group member or an admin, you won’t see the archive option.
Archived groups appear in the “Archived Groups” section of the Groups page. Click the title to unfold the list of archived groups.
If you need to start using an archived group again, click into its card. The “Unarchive” option appears at the top of the card. Click Unarchive to return the group to active status.
Users can easily cheer and nudge teammates and coworkers from the goal list.
It is important to note that only goals can be cheered or nudged. Milestones are smaller units of work than goals are, so they cannot be cheered or nudged.
- Navigate to the goal list page and change the filters to see the correct view of goals.
- Scroll to the milestone you would like to leave a comment on.
- Click the Comment button. The comment window opens.
- Type a comment and click Comment.
- The comment appears in the timeline of the milestone - visit this to see the comment history on the item.
Editing and deleting comments
Administrators can delete comments at any time. Simply hover over the comment and click the Delete option that appears.
Users will have the ability to edit or delete comments within 24 hours of the comment creation. After 24 hours, comments are locked and can no longer be edited. This preserves accurate goal history.
Social interactions drive engagement. Throughout the lifecycle of the goal, the timeline logs actions, interactions, and conversations. It’s a great place to track all the social behavior on a goal--cheers, nudges, and especially comments. If you want a log of all the activity on a goal, such as when a milestone is created or completed, or when the goal reaches its due date, the timeline can show you that, too.
You can filter the timeline to display either conversations or history. This lets you view an activity trail when reviewing a goal’s lifecycle, or a dynamic log of conversations and discussion about the goal itself.
The conversation view lets you see all the discussion on a goal. The history view gives you a comprehensive audit trail of all the actions on a goal; check ins, cheers, nudges, reassignments, and edits and deletions on milestones.
- Navigate to the goal list page and change the filters to find any public goal.
- Click on the goal you want to view comments for and then click on the Details option.
- Click on the Comments option in the pop-out window and view the timeline of comments for the goal.
The Org Chart is a great way to view your company’s organizational structure at a glance. Every BetterWorks user in your company is added to the Org Chart. Use it to view goals, alignment, reporting structures, and more. Find the Org Chart from anywhere in the platform. Just hover over your username or profile picture in the top toolbar and click Org Chart.