How Do I Align My Goals?
How do I align my goals?
Goal alignment is based on your goals' and milestones' contributions to other goals. You can increase alignment in a few easy ways:
- Navigate to the goal list and find goals that you own.
- Click on the "..." additional actions button next to the goal and select Quick Edit.
- In the Edit panel, scroll down and select the Alignment option and then Align this goal to another.
- Search and select the goal you wish to contribute to.
- Click Save.
- Navigate to the goal list and find the goal you want to contribute to.
- Click Add a milestone at the bottom of the goal.
- Enter a name for the milestone
- If applicable, change the owner, set a target metric, select an integration, or add a due date.
- Click the Save button.
Can I align my goal to another person's milestone?
No. By definition, only a goal can have milestones, so you must first Convert the milestone into a goal.
Can I assign a public goal to a private goal?
Yes, and the private goal will inherit the public goal’s permissions. The user will be alerted of this permission change before confirming the change.
Can I align a private goal to a public goal?
No. You cannot align private goals to public ones. Make the private goal public to align it with a public goal.