How do I align my Goals?
Goal alignment is based on your Goals' and Milestones' contributions to other Goals. You can increase alignment in a few easy ways:
- Navigate to the Goal list and find Goals that you own.
- Click on the "..." additional actions button next to the goal and select Quick Edit.
- In the Edit panel, scroll down and select the Alignment option and then Align this Goal to another.
- Search and select the Goal you wish to contribute to.
- Click Save.
- Navigate to the Goal list and find the Goal you want to contribute to.
- Click Add a Milestone at the bottom of the Goal.
- Enter a name for the Milestone
- If applicable, change the owner, set a target metric, select an integration, or add a due date.
- Click the Save button.
Can I align my Goal to another person's Milestone?
No. By definition, only a Goal can have Milestones, so you must first Convert the Milestone into a Goal. If your Team has Goals and they want to have individual Goals contribute to their Team's Goal, those must be nested as child Goals of the parent (Team) Goal.
Can I assign a public Goal to a private Goal?
Yes, and the private Goal will inherit the public Goal’s permissions. The user will be alerted of this permission change before confirming the change.
Can I align a private Goal to a public Goal?
No. You cannot align private Goals to public ones. Make the private Goal public to align it with a public Goal.