How Do I Align My Goals?
How do I align my goals?
Goal alignment is based on your goals' and milestones' contributions to other goals. You can increase alignment in a few easy ways:
- Identify one of your goals to align with another goal.
- Navigate to the goal detail page for that goal.
- Click the Edit button.
- In the Edit a goal menu, click in the Align to your coworkers' goals field.
- Search and select the goal you wish to contribute to.
- Click Save.
- Navigate to the goal detail page of the goal you want to contribute to.
- Click Add a contributing milestone.
- Type the name of your milestone and click Add.
- Enter a name for the milestone.
- Click the user picture on the milestone to Reassign it.
- When the drop-down menu appears, your name should appear by default. If it doesn't, type your name and click to select it when it appears.
- Click Add.
Can I assign a public goal to a private goal?
Yes, and the private goal will inherit the public goal’s permissions. The user will be alerted of this permission change before confirming the change.
Can I align a private goal to a public goal?
No. You cannot align private goals to public ones. Make the private goal public to align it with a public goal.