Now that you have provided your users access to BetterWorks, it’s time to get them trained! As mentioned in the Week 1 On-boarding email, there are many resources provided to you as a Program Lead. You can train your employees with one of these options:
- BetterWorks University Self Paced Classes: On-Demand and role-based training for Individual Contributors, Managers, Program Leads, and Executives.
- Getting Started video tutorials: Typically 3-minutes or less, these video tutorials approach all aspects of our BetterWorks platform as well as good OKR-setting practices.
- Live Webinar training hosted by BetterWorks: BetterWorks provides open training for all users on a weekly basis. Both introductory training as well as advanced training is available.
For a list of all training resources, live webinars and videos, visit our Training page or use the BetterWorks Guide (the ? icon on the upper right-hand corner of your BetterWorks instance) for documentation, FAQs and more. You can also access all of documentation and training content in the BetterWorks Help Center.
Tip: Before you train your users, it’s important to have your policies and procedures in place. Naturally, people will have questions like:
- How often will I be expected to update my goals?
- When do I need to have my goals created by?
- Do I need to have my goals align or contribute to my manager’s? How do I do that?
- Will my goals impact my bonus or salary?
Discuss and resolve these key questions within your program team before you add users to your BetterWorks instance. A template with BetterWorks recommended responses to commonly asked questions can be found here.
Stay tuned for next week: Creating Top Company Goals.
Happy goal creating!
The BetterWorks Customer Success Team