The BetterWorks Feedback Module provides an individual the opportunity to give feedback to and/or receive feedback from anyone within the organization.
|BetterWorks Module||Goals/Objectives||Conversations||Peer feedback||Recognition (Beta)|
- Designing your Feedback Program
- Configuring an Anytime Feedback Cycle
- Configuring a Scheduled Feedback Cycle
Designing your Feedback Program
As the BetterWorks Administrator, you have the ability to set some controls over timing and visibility among the participants. We recommend asking a couple of key questions to answer when you begin to form your feedback program within your organization.
- What would you like your employees to gain from receiving feedback within the Peer feedback Module in BetterWorks?
Your answer will help guide the overall messaging of how your employees should be utilizing BetterWorks to provide and solicit feedback. We recommend to keep this value statement simple and focused. Note the following:
- Feedback provided in this module will be surfaced in Conversations where it can be referenced for future self-reflection, performance evaluation, and any other applications of the Conversations module.
- As noted in the table above, feedback provided in this module is limited in viewership to within the participants listed above (whereas information in the Recognition module is public).
- Following your answer above, what type of feedback will you encourage your employees to provide to each other within the Peer feedback module? Constructive, positive, both?
Your answer will affect the type of questions you ask, as well as the visibility of the feedback employees are asked to provide. Note that you can support different focuses throughout the year by creating multiple templates within the Peer feedback module.
- Will this feedback be used in other Performance Management processes?
Your answer will help provide context around the expected activities in this module, influencing your communications strategy as well as the questions you ask and the visibility you configure in the templates. Note that feedback will show in the Conversations page depending on the visibility you set for the template.
- For your business, how often would you like your employees to provide each other feedback (annually, semi-annually, quarterly, at anytime)?
It's important that your employees get used to the cadence and see the feedback cycles as a normal activity throughout the year. We would recommend sticking to a consistent schedule throughout the year. Many organizations tend to do a mix between anytime feedback and scheduled cycles throughout the year.
Configuring an Anytime Feedback Cycle
1. Write questions for employees to answer/ask
Give feedback at anytime
Request feedback at anytime
2. Determine visibility of the feedback provided
3. Deploy the conversation
Configuring a Scheduled Feedback Cycle
1. Name Your Template
2. Choose Participants
For feedback receivers and providers:
- If you would like everyone to participate, choose the first option.
- If you would like a select group to participate, select the second one.
- Note: these do not have to be the same for both feedback receivers and providers
For default providers:
- These configurations will help recommend feedback providers for the feedback receiver
- If you select Classic 360 or Shared goals, all of those feedback providers that remain on the list by the end of the selection period will be prompted to provide feedback
- Note: these configurations are different than determining who can select the feedback providers during the initial selection period. If you would like that updated, refer to Step 3.
3. Determine visibility of the feedback provided
Note: This will determine who can see the feedback provided in both the Peer feedback module as well as the side bar in the Conversation module.
4. Write questions for employees to answer
5. Select desired notifications
6. Set the start and end dates
Note: When the end dates below pass for both the select and give periods, you will not be able to continue to select and give respectively. These dates can be pushed to future dates as long as they have not yet passed.
7. Deploy the conversation
Note: If the feedback cycle is not deployed, then it will not launch to the desired employees, even if there are dates included in Step 6.